Please note* You will find the oldest post is at the bottom, newest at the top...

Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Sigh of Relief

OK, I am nearly there (do not search this site to see how many times I have said that before)....

The one thing that was scaring me most about this project and most afraid to #@*& up is complete...nearly. :)  I finally painted the cabinet, at least part of it.  I still need to do the red and green lights but I did do the black part of the semaphore.  John, a member of the Prewar Pinball site who has not just one, but two signals contacted me and he took some pictures of his machines and I was able to recreate it.  He has both the Bally version as well as the Automatic Amusements version.  Harry Williams of Automatic Amusements who designed the machine, licensed the design to Bally to sell in the Mid-West and Eastern US, while his company sold it in the Western US.  The machines are almost identical with a few differences in the paint schemes being the main differences.  He is going to measure the red and green lights radius for me and then I will finish the paint job.  I am really happy with how it came out. 

I am also in the process of trying to straighten my one bent leg and will try to repair the water damage to the bottoms and repaint them while I wait to see if I can find a builder for new legs.  Then I will finally be done with this project.  Well wait, I still need a coin door.  Well I am nearly done... ;-)

Cabinet left side

Cabinet right side

No comments:

Post a Comment