Please note* You will find the oldest post is at the bottom, newest at the top...

Monday, November 11, 2013

How the Game is Played - Part 2

So I originally tried to make my own instructions off of a photo of the original instructions.  I was not very happy with out they came out.  Somebody sent me a scan of the original instruction card for their machine and I was able to clean it up.  The original was printed on silver paper which really does not work too well with an inkjet printer so I was not able to do that.  I did make the background a light grey to try to give a similar look which is hard to see in the photo but none the less I am happy with how it came out.  My original frame was rusted right through the plating and I tried to have a new one cut but the cost was too high so I wound up cutting it myself out of aluminum sheet with a straight edge and a utility knife.  I am very happy with the results. 

Cleaned up scan of original instructions in the new frame

1 comment:

  1. Very very nicely done Mike! I feel for you on the brass oval tag. EVERYONE with a 30's Bally needs one. Well, except Richard Conger. His games have them :)
    In case you're up to the task I recreated the legs for my 1933 Blue Ribbon and posted my draft drawings to ens Yahoo prewar group. You could make a new set for yours from them if you know how to make/use a taper jig and table saw.
    I also wonder if your game should have come with the Bally hexagonal coin mech. I had a heckuva time finding one but eventually did. One day I'll post new pics on my BR site but for now you can see how I made the legs here http://www.passionforpinball.com/blueribbon.htm

    Congrats on a fantastic resto again!
    Cliffy

    ReplyDelete