The purpose of this blog is to chronicle the restoration of my 1934 Bally Signal pinball machine. At the start of my restoration project I began sending updates to my family. My sister suggested I blog it instead so that anybody who may be interested in a restoration project like this would have access. This is my first pinball restoration, so expect some mistakes.
Please note* You will find the oldest post is at the bottom, newest at the top...
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
One thing with my Signal, is as long as we have had it, the side art has been missing. In fact I only noticed recently that it had any art once before. On one side of the machine you can see the outline where it once was. That side of the machine was always against the wall. When we started to redo our basement we moved it into another room and that side was exposed. I tried to figure out what it was but could not. Then after finding out what my machine was, I was able to find a couple of pictures of the design. So now I have started looking into what types of paint to use. I have ordered paint mask and will attempt to paint the design on the cabinet after testing on some scrap wood first.
Click HEREto see what the original cabinet art looked like.